First, secure the hair extensions:
“It’s always smart to back-comb the base of where you are going to place the clip. Another way to give the clip a little more security is to hairspray the back-combed area. That is a one two punch that will lock in those extensions!“
Once the extensions are in, here are the tips to create glamorous Veronica Lake Waves:
1. Starting with damp hair, add volume with a Mousse or a root booster. Distribute the product evenly.
2. Start with giving the deep part then blow out your hair using a medium round brush to create lift at the root and bend at the ends.
3. Spray hair with hairspray. This product will protect hair from the heat and help to hold the style.
4. Once the hair is dry, use a 1-inch to an 1 1/4 curling iron to create the desired style. This particular look will be achieved by curling the hair away from the face.
5. Use a brush to smooth the hair back on the right side. Secure it with small bobbie pins.
6. Once the hair is secured and in the desired look, use hairspray to lock in this rockstar style!
Still looking for more ways to use hair extensions? Here are a couple more ideas to change your hair style without a costly commitment.
Bangs can be very flattering, but the upkeep is sometimes not worth the hassle. With Clip-in options like those from SHE Hair Extention, you can steal the look, without commitment to a cut!
Sacha Quarles Celebrity Artistic Director, SHE USA
Sacha Quarles has been the go-to hairstylist to fashion, film and television stars for over a decade. Raised and influenced by his mother, film stylist Aaron Quarles, Sacha Quarles was immersed in the history and style of fashion and cinema at an early age. He was especially inspired by visionaries such as Vidal Sassoon and Martin Parsons.
Sacha’s early work included styling hair for the famed HBO series, Sex and the City. Sacha’s career catapulted into celebrity hairstylist status.
His personal client list includes some of the biggest names in Hollywood, such as Robert De Niro, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Tom Hanks, Robert Downey Jr., Shia LaBoeuf, Carey Mulligan and Kristin Davis to name a few.